Centre for Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences (CEOAS)
About the Centre
The Centre for Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences (CEOAS), (formerly University Centre for Earth and Space Sciences, UCESS) at University of Hyderabad was established in 2004 to initiate multi-disciplinary teaching and research programs in the areas of Solid Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences and processes that connect all three components. It is an emerging interdisciplinary centre that aims to impart quality Earth System Science education and research to the young minds.
The Vision & Mission of the academic programs offered by the Centre are:
To become a global centre of excellence in Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences through innovative teaching under the New Education Policy (NEP-2020) and research to produce highly skilled manpower capable of addressing novel scientific and societal challenges.
- To provide a holistic understanding of planet Earth’s dynamic processes, and linkages among the geosphere, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere, and the biosphere through high-quality teaching so as to enable the students to become leaders in academic and research institutions, and professional organizations.
- To create awareness about climate change and train them to solve climate science problems.
- To conduct basic research related to Ocean-Atmospheric Sciences for improving predictions of weather and climate.
- To conduct innovative research in Earth Sciences, and promote national and international collaborations.
- To build world-class infrastructure for teaching and cutting-edge research in the field of Earth Sciences.