CCL Faculty Achievements
Prof M.T. Ansari
- Fellow at Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, from 01st October, 2014 to 30th September, 2015
Prof Sowmya Dechamma
- Fulbright Fellow (2019): Awarded Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence fellowship towards teaching of a course “Modern Indian Literary Cultures” and Research on “Understanding the Modern” in Queens College, City University of New York.
- Chancellor’s Award (2015), University of Hyderabad, towards teaching, Research and Overall contribution to the University.
CCL Students Achievements
Awards/Recognitions received at the National and International level by Students:
- Barkhade Dipakbhai Mangal Bhai (14HCPH02): Scholarship named Taiwan Education and Experience Program (TEEP) at International Institute of Cultural Studies (IICS) National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Dickens Leonard M.: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) funded “A new passage to India” visiting PhD fellowship at Center for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS), Georg- August-Universität Göttingen, Germany (July 2016 to January 2017).
- Dickens Leonard M.: Selected for the Fulbright-Nehru Post-Doc Fellowship (2020-21) for the project titled “Ethical Dimensions of Caste-less Community: Iyothee Thass, Dalit Movement and Modern Print in Colonial India” for two years in the US.
- Manasi M.S. (17HCPH01): Received grant by Asian Studies Centre, Oxford University for presenting a paper at St. Antony’s College, Oxford University (2018).
- Manasi M.S. (17HCPH01): Received grant by Glasgow University and the International Leverhulme Network to present a paper at the Glasgow University, Scotland, UK (2018).
- Manju E.P. (13HCPH02): Erasmus Plus Fellow (April-December, 2016) at the Film Studies Division, Department of Philosophy and Humanities, Freie University, Berlin, Germany.
- Neethu Prasad (14HCPH01): National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan under the TEEP @India programme, from 31 January 2018 to 30 April 2018.
- Sayantan Mondal (12HCPH01): Erasmus Mundus Namaste Fellowship UPE II Travel Grant.
- Subhas Yadav(15HCPH01): ERASMUS Mundus scholarship- September 2017-July 2018, Universidad de Extremadura, Spain.
- Subhas Yadav(15HCPH01): 21 July 2019 – 31 July 2019 – Summer Scholarship ‘New World Crucibles of Globalization’ IWH Heidelberg.
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03): Gingko Library, London travel grant for presenting a paper at LSE London, UK (2017).
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03): Chair for History of the Modem World, ETH travel grant for Young South Asia Scholars Meet at Zurich, Switzerland (2018).
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03): Asian Studies Center, Oxford University travel grant for presenting a paper at St. Antony’s College, Oxford University, UK (2018).
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03): University Centre Saint-Ignatius travel grant for UCSIA Summer School at Antwerp, Germany (2019).
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03): Volkswagen Foundation, Germany travel grant for the German U15 Herrenhausen. Symposium at Hanover Germany (2019).
- Zeba Tamkanat Moazzam (17HCHL01): Direct Student Exchange M.Phil scholar at the Institute of Islamic Studies, Freie university, Berlin (October to December 2018).
- Ajay Varma Alluri (20HCMA31): Kuvempu Bhasha Bharathi Annual Book Award in the category of best Translated work from Indian Languages to Kannada (2019), for his translation of Volga’s Sahitya Akademi winner Vimuktha into Kannada as
Students have cleared Civil Services and Defense Services examinations, NET, SET (SLET), GATE and other competitive examinations:
- Alice Abraham (17HCHL03) UGC NET.
- Aloysius Sebastian (16HCPH01) UGC-NET (2018)in Comp lit. (2014) in English.
- Ann Mary George (19HCMA05) UGC NET (2019).
- Aparna S. Nair (16HCMA07) UGC NET
- Aritra Saha (16HCHL02) UGC JRF
- Barkhade Dipakbhai Mangal Bhai (14HCPH02) UGC JRF
- Basheer Thettan (12HCPH06) UGC JRF
- Chythan Ann George (13HCMA02) UGC JRF
- Dheeraj P (15HCHL04) UGC JRF
- Dickens Leonard M. UGC-NET (2012)
- Gokul R. Menon (17HCMA02) UGC NET
- Hakani Sae Paia Laloo (13HCPH01) NET (2011) RGNF
- Hakeem P.V. (16HCHL03) UGC JRF
- R (16HCPH04) UGC NET(2016)
- Intaj Ali (12HCPH05) SET (2014)
- Lakshmi KTP. (14HCMA04) UGC NET
- Manju E.P. (13HCPH02) UGC JRF & NET (2012)
- Manu Johns K (17HCMA07) UGC NET
- Muhsina K.K. (17HCHL02) UGC NET
- Rajesh Seelam (16HCPH05) UGC NET
- Reema K. (16HCHL06) UGC JRF
- Safvan PT (15HCHL11) UGC NET
- Sedevilhou Khezhie (19HCMA20) UGC JRF(2019)
- P. S (15HCPH04) UGC JRF(2013)
- Solanki Chakraborty (17HCHL04) UGC NET
- Subhas Yadav(15HCPH01) UGC JRF
- Thingminao Horam (14HCHL01) UGC JRF
- Trishna Subba (17HCMA04) UGC NET
- Varsha K. (11HCPH03) UGC NET
- Yogitha Shetty (11HCPH01) NET (2011) and SET (2012)
Number of Research Scholars/ Post Graduate students getting financial assistance from the University/State/ Central:
- Aloysius Sebastian (16HCPH01) MANF
- Dickens Leonard M. UGC-Maulana Azad National Fellowship, Ministry for Minority Affairs (2010-11).
- R (16HCPH04) SVSGC – Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship (from 2017 onwards )
- Intaj Ali (12HCPH05) MANF
- Mahadeva Swamy N N (15HCHL10) RGNF
- Manasi M.S. (17HCPH01) Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship (SVSGC) 2018.
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03) 2016-2021 Maulana Azad National Fellowship by Ministry of Minority Affairs, India.
- Yogitha Shetty (11HCPH01) CSDS – ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship (2013-2016)
- Saranya S. (17HCPH02) OBC Fellowship 2020-21.
Employment (of Select PhD/MPhil scholars since 2015):
- Yogitha S. (11HCPH01): Assistant Professor, Sargur College, Mysore.
- Vennela (12HCHL03) former student of CCL who completed M.Phil. got job in NIT, Warangal as Assistant Professor.
- Abu Saleh (11HCPH06) got selected for Bihar Public Service Commission: Assistant Professor in English.
- Chapparban Sajaudeen Nijamodeen (13HCPH03) got selected for Bihar Public Service Commission: Assistant Professor in English.
- Elwin Susan John (11HCPH10) was appointed as Assistant Professor in the Sophia College for Women, Mumbai.
- Mrinmoy Pramanick (Ph.D. 10 HCPH05) was appointed as Assistant Professor in the Department of Comparative Indian Language and Literature, in the University of Calcutta on 5th August, 2015.
- Saidul Haque got selected for assistant professor in the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
- Dickens Leonard M. was appointed as Assistant Professor in the CSSS, Calcutta.
- Varsha K., appointed as Assistant Professor of English at VIT, Vellore.
- Intaj Ali, Assistant Professor, Netaji Subhas Open University, West Bengal.
- Aloysius Sebastian, Assistant Professor, Kristu Jyoti College, Bengaluru.