CCL Student’s Achievements
Recent Placements (Select)
- Aloysius Sebastian (16HCPH01): Employed as Assistant Professor, Department of English, University of Allahabad, Allahabad. April 2022.
- Abu Saleh (11HCPH06), Assistant Professor in English, University of Calcutta.
- Chapparban Sajaudeen Nijamodeen (13HCPH03), Assistant Professor at Central University of Gujarat. got selected for Bihar Public Service Commission: Assistant Professor in English.
- Yogitha S. (11HCPH01), Assistant Professor, Sargur College, Mysore.
- R. Vennela (12HCHL03), Assistant Professor, NIT, Warangal.
- Varsha K., Assistant Professor, Department of English, VIT, Vellore.
- Mrinmoy Pramanick, Assistant Professor in English, University of Calcutta.
Awards/Recognitions received at the International level by Students:
- Barkhade Dipakbhai Mangal Bhai (14HCPH02): Scholarship named Taiwan Education and Experience Program (TEEP) at International Institute of Cultural Studies (IICS) National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Dickens Leonard M.: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) funded “A new passage to India” visiting PhD fellowship at Center for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS), Georg- August-Universität Göttingen, Germany (July 2016 to January 2017).
- Dickens Leonard M.: Selected for the Fulbright-Nehru Post-Doc Fellowship (2020-21) for the project titled “Ethical Dimensions of Caste-less Community: Iyothee Thass, Dalit Movement and Modern Print in Colonial India” for two years in the US.
- Manasi M.S. (17HCPH01): Received grant by Asian Studies Centre, Oxford University for presenting a paper at St. Antony’s College, Oxford University (2018).
- Manasi M.S. (17HCPH01): Received grant by Glasgow University and the International Leverhulme Network to present a paper at the Glasgow University, Scotland, UK (2018).
- Manju E.P. (13HCPH02): Erasmus Plus Fellow (April-December, 2016) at the Film Studies Division, Department of Philosophy and Humanities, Freie University, Berlin, Germany.
- Neethu Prasad (14HCPH01): National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan under the TEEP @India programme, from 31 January 2018 to 30 April 2018.
- Sayantan Mondal (12HCPH01): Erasmus Mundus Namaste Fellowship UPE II Travel Grant.
- Subhas Yadav(15HCPH01): ERASMUS Mundus scholarship- September 2017-July 2018, Universidad de Extremadura, Spain.
- Subhas Yadav(15HCPH01): 21 July 2019 – 31 July 2019 – Summer Scholarship ‘New World Crucibles of Globalization’ IWH Heidelberg.
- Zeba Tamkanat Moazzam (17HCHL01): Direct Student Exchange M.Phil scholar at the Institute of Islamic Studies, Freie university, Berlin (October to December 2018).
- Ajay Varma Alluri (20HCMA31): Kuvempu Bhasha Bharathi Annual Book Award in the category of best Translated work from Indian Languages to Kannada (2019), for his translation of Volga’s Sahitya Akademi winner Vimuktha into Kannada as Vimukthe.
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03):Erasmus+ visiting PhD scholar at the BGSMCS, Freie University, Berlin (April to September 2021).
- Thahir Jamal KM (16HCPH03) DAAD visiting PhD scholar at CeMIS, Goettingen University, Goettingen (October 2021 – March 2022).
- Soumik Sengupta (20HCHL05) Awarded TATA Trusts-Partition Archive Research Grant by the 1947 Partition Archive (June, 2021).